Effective July 1st, 2018, the City of Cleveland enacted a revised Block Party Policy (PDF) to ensure such events that take place in the City of Cleveland are as safe and well-organized as possible for the protection of all those who attend.
The City of Cleveland looks forward to working with you and hopes that your event is successful and safe.
- Block Party: A party organized by residents of a neighborhood, limited to a city block, in which the street is closed off and participants eat, socialize, entertain, etc.
- Block Party Coordinator: A single resident that resides within the block requesting the party that is the main point of contact for all matters regarding the block party.
- Print the Block Party Signatures Form (PDF) to obtain resident signatures from each residence located on the proposed closed street.
- Complete Block Party Application online and attach the completed Block Party Signatures Form to the application.
- Pay a non-refundable event application fee of $25.
Applications are considered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Applications must be received at least 14 days before desired party date. Parties may be held any day year round between the hours of 9 am and 6 pm for a maximum of 8 hours in duration.