Upon the adoption of Executive Order No. 1509, masks or face coverings are now required to be worn in public spaces in Bolivar County. The Executive Order is set to expire on Monday, August 3rd, 2020 at 8:00 AM.
Exceptions to wearing a mask or face coverings per the Executive Order include:
I . Persons who cannot wear a face covering due to a medical or behavioral condition, who have trouble breathing or are incapacitated, or whose healthcare professional has recommended that a face covering not be worn;
2. Persons seeking to communicate with someone who is hearing-impaired in a way that requires the mouth to be visible;
3. Persons while eating or drinking;
4. Persons in a building or engaged in an activity that utilizes or requires security surveillance or screening (e.g., banking or financial institutions), and only during such times when these persons are under security surveillance or screening;
5. Persons engaged in swimming activities or other activities while in a swimming pool;
6. Persons engaged in exercising in fitness and exercise gyms or other sports activity;
7. Persons while giving a speech, presentation or performance for a broadcast or to an audience;
8. Persons actively providing or ·obtaining access to religious worship (NOTE wearing a face covering is strongly encouraged);
9. Children under the age of six ( 6) (NOTE parents and guardians shall be responsible for ensuring proper use of face coverings by children six (6) years of age and older and must ensure that face coverings do not pose a choking hazard and can be safely worn without obstructing a child’s ability to breathe.); and
10. Other settings where it is not practical or feasible to wear a face covering, including, but not limited to, when obtaining or rendering goods or services (such as receipt of dental services) or would otherwise impede visibility to operate.
Read the entire Executive Order No. 1509