Water and Sewer

All new businesses are required to set up a new account for water and sewer billing with the Water Department located inside of City Hall.  Before a water service is activated, the new business will be required to complete and pass an occupancy inspection from the Department of Community Development.


The Water Department is located in City Hall and serves as the hub for city utilities.  The staff reads water meters, issues water bills, issues business licenses, issues garbage bags and receives billing payments.

Contact Us

City Hall

100 North Street

P. O. Box 1439
Cleveland, MS  38732
Telephone: 662-846-1471
Fax: 662-843-8029


Monday through Friday

8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.

The daily on-site operation of the city’s water and sewer system is performed by contract with Severn Trent Environmental Services (S.T.).  Problems with water leaks or sewer stoppages should be reported to S.T. at 662-843-0601. 

For information on the City of Cleveland Leak Adjustment Policy and the form to request an adjustment


Garbage Collection

A business is considered a commercial account.  All business owners are responsible for contracting with a commercial solid waste handler at their expense to provide an appropriate waste container and to schedule the frequency of having the container emptied and the waste disposed of as specified in the city's Waste Disposal Ordinance.


Electrical Service

Electrical service is within the City of Cleveland is provided by a private company and is dependant on your location.

The two electrical service providers are:


Entergy     1-800-368-3749                              

Delta Electric Power Association     662-843-5441


Natural Gas Service

Natural gas service within the City of Cleveland is provided by Atmos Energy - 662-843-3684


100 North Street  

Cleveland, MS 38732  


© 2017 City Of Cleveland, MS


Please reload


Please reload


Please reload